Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a MG5450 It connects to my iMac to print buy I cannot

Customer Question

I have a MG5450 It connects to my iMac to print buy I cannot get it to sca
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: canon MG 5450
JA: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?
Customer: Ive just swapped computers from windows to iMac and. It’s been since the new computer
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I tried today but I don’t know if it was the correct update
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Just the same Recognises the printing part and prints but doesn’t recognise the scanner or give any option to scan
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

Open Image Capture on the Mac, and try to scan within this, what exactly happens?