Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I just switched to TalkTalk broadband. I get only two TV

Customer Question

I just switched to TalkTalk broadband. I get only two TV channels from the remote, BBC1 & ".
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: New Samsung 50 inch. Had no problem with previous providers, EE and BT.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes. Menu and guide work. within guide, no ITV or freeview channels listed.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: Samsung TV not a problem. Before this, I was with EE - and no problems there. My first TV box didn't operate, a second TV box sent but also not working properly so I now have a third box, within nine days, and have this problem. TalkTalk help of no help at all.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let's go
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Let me know the results please