Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Kodak 5.1Hero printer says ‘printhead loose or missing or

Customer Question

Hi My Kodak 5.1Hero printer says ‘printhead loose or missing or not installed correctly. Install print head and ink cartridges. If already installed remove ink cartridges and print head and reinstall. I have done this several times and the same message keeps coming on. Unable to print!!! Please can you help?
JA: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your 5.10?
Customer: No had the printer about 8 years
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: No error messages yes I am able to open the lid
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just unplugged printer will let you know in 10mins
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It’s still not working
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I did this , this morning
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

It is the printhead that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How much is it going to cost
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Has the warranty expired?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what can you tell me that i have not already done. your charging me £16.00 to do exactly what I did this morning!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Has the warranty expired?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

ok, you will then need to replace the printer sorry in this case.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you. I am now ending This conversation
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

You are welcome

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Please unsubscribe me from your company and delete my credit card details. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

I do not see this sorry, for any membership questions please direct this to customer service on***@******.***