Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Canon MG6150 has the error 5B00 (ink absorber full). How

My Canon MG6150 has the error 5B00 (ink absorber full). How do I fix it myself? Thanks. ***** *****ley
JA: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: Yes
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I don't think i've ever updated it.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've just plugged it in tyoday after being away for four days and it came up with the error immediately.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Normally when I lift the lid to replace a cartridge, the cartridge holder moves from it's housing on the right o the centre of the printer but with this error it doesn't.

Can you move it to the middle by hand please

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Note the printer has been issuing warnings for some time that the ink absorber was almost full.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have these replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.