Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

We have a Brother DCP-J411ODW printer and it will not switch

Good evening, we have a Brother DCP-J411ODW printer and it will not switch on. We have confirmed the socket is live, that the fuse in the printer plug is working, we have disconnected and reconnected the power cable but it still does not switch on. Have you any ideas? Thank you.
JA: How are you connecting to your DCP-J411ODW: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: By USB
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Can't remember!
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, it's just dead! Thank you

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We've tried that but it is still dead.

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We are not sure . Think it could possibly be around 7 years old. We have had it from new.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** this may be the case.

You're welcome!

-------

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know otherwise you can close the question by rating my services as 3-5 stars at the top or bottom of this page (or using the rate this expert option if you are on mobile)