Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a panasonic DVD Recorder DMR- EX88EB. It is fixed on

I have a panasonic DVD Recorder DMR- EX88EB. It is fixed on external link mode and I have tried to return it to normal mode using the operating instructions and forum advice but it will not change. The relavent button on the handset does not change the mode nor does switching off the unit nor does factory reset but it is impossible to use the function menu or the guide. Can you tell me how to return it as the usual methods do not do it. Thanks,
JA: Who makes your media player? How old is it?
Customer: Neil Clement
JA: What have you tried so far with your media player?
Customer: What is the media player you refer to and the recorder is about 6 years old
JA: The Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Put the DVD recorder into standby mode and press the EXT L button on your remote control once. This will turn external link mode off.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Pete, Many thanks it is now operating in normal mode. I thought I had previously followed this procedure but clearly not. Thank you again

Glad to hear it worked!

Have a great day and stay safe,

Pete