Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Samsung has completely broken down with no vision,

Customer Question

My Samsung has completely broken down with no vision
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: samsung (bdw64thh/*****************3)
JA: How long have you had your BDW64THH?
Customer: cannot remember, only renew insurance every year
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: red light alert on standby keeps blinking on n off
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, must be three days ago tv came on automatically n created a very loud volume. This morning I tried to on no vision
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
First n foremost, I am 79 yrs old [hubby is 83], we r not techno savvy. I can only do bits n pieces. I know this is a repetition, do I still need to pay for my samsung insurance policy, n again, pay for the monthly registration to join justanswer.
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

I do not see this sorry, for any payment questions please direct this to customer service on***@******.***

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am not rating at present, I am totally confused with payments required here n there. I need to get assistance from someone trustworthy. We solely rely on our TV for home leisure. I use the laptop as a learning curve. I will email to [email protected] slightly later on. Going to the Chemist for our meds.
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Did what you have advised. This morning at 0400 hrs. TV came on automatically [stand by light on] with a very loud volume [60-70%]. After lunch, between 1300 - 1400 hrs. tested TV again, operating quite okay, seemed to come on very sluggishly, Not that fantastic but watchable. Now, Q: Can I leave the stand by light on all night? I am afraid if, automatically, TV switches on [will cause a fire hazard]. Q: Or do I need to turn off the main switch? Advice is appreciated. I am indeed baffled of how I came into contact with you. I have an insurance policy with Mastercare which I did phone them. I was connected to Samsung, and Samsung referred me to you [ie just answer]. I am not always quick to respond. Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

I would advise to turn it off from the mains please

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Did what you advised as above message. This morning, TURN ON TV but no VISION, stand by light was on and kept on flickering. What's next???????
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.
Disconnect everything from the TV then power it on and tell me if you get a picture please.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have disconnected everything. Return to power, standby light keeps blinking continuously. No vision. What next? I thought Pete was to come on with an answer, and that was 'ages' ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.
Are you still hearing audio?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No audio involved, do not understand gadgets. Only TV set in lounge. I have turned off the main switch [due to standby light still flickers],
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What's next? Still require info, Too stressed out.
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.