Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Have tried to retune channels and now have no channels at

Customer Question

Have tried to retune channels and now have no channels at all
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Sony 7 yrs
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?
Customer: Long story. Went to menu this morning and thought I’d try went auto channels and now no channels
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can’t hear. Deaf.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Neighbour came and it was the wiring that was causing the problem
Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

Ok, glad to hear it is resolved

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thank you. I did make the point initially that I was hard of hearing so a phone call would not have helped me but otherwise was pleased with the response I was given.
Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I was pleased in getting a response so quickly but I was lucky in getting my problem resolved by a friend. Would I contact Richard again? Yes I would. I was impressed how easy it was to get help.
Expert:  Richard replied 23 days ago.