Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an IPad and cannot retrieve, do emails or face time.

Customer Question

I have an IPad and cannot retrieve, do emails or face time. I had an update last week and after that the IPad needed the outlook code which I cannot remember. My son tried to help but failed. I am useless with technology so I apologies now for my shortcomings. Carole
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: a mail client ( I presume)
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: my daughter who cannot be with me because of COVID was wondering if it was a virus
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just be gentle with me as I lack so much understanding. One thing that was strange is that we should have had a phone call to help connect everything back but that never happened although my son tried several times
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please use my link below to reset the password
https://account.live.com/password/reset
Once the password ***** ***** try to sign into the account.
Please let me know exactly what happens