Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I cannot make or receive call on my talk talk landline.

Customer Question

I cannot make or receive call on my talk talk landline. Phone number is *****(###) ###-#### I am 92 years of age and no not understand much of this modern technology, Please help.
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: BT6500 Digital Cordless Phone with Answering Machine
JA: How long has this been going on with your BT6500? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This problem has only happened today after I received a call at 10 am today. Since then I have not been able to make or receive calls
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, only that my Wife suffers a number of major health problems and often I need to get urgent medical help which of course I cannot do now
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your service. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the modem the phone connects to for a signal (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the modem, turn it on and tell me please if the phone is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please