Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Trying to reset my hotmail. Will not recognise my password,

Customer Question

Trying to reset my hotmail. Will not recognise my password, I have changed my mobile number since last used password. Don’t see anyway of changing my mobile number with them!
JA: Are you logged into your Hotmail account on any other devices?
Customer: hotmail (Microsoft) will not accept my password. I have changed my mobile number since last and cannot see anyway of changing it with them. My mail is frozen. Help!
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: no I only use my ipad
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i can’t think of anything, I’m not very computers literate.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please call the phone number linked to the account and see if someone answers it.

If so, please ask then for the code and use this to reset the password.

Let me know how you go please