Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Canon PIXMA TS8251 printer will not print - displaying

Customer Question

My Canon PIXMA TS8251 printer will not print - displaying Support Code 6004. I have followed the online instructions several times but to no avail. Can you help please?
JA: Is your Pixma displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: Basically, yes, even with no print queue.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: You have lost me there.... never! Wouldn't know how.
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this something I can do myself with online help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Same problem. Displays support code 1259 - pull out paper output tray. Then 6004 - turn off/turn on . . . and so it goes round in circles. I have checked that there is no paper blockage.
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No joy - same cycle
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Can you replace the ink in the printer now and try to print please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Not able to print. Screen menus does not display, it goes straight to error.
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.