Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung TV. VF39S. Purchased in January 2018. I

Customer Question

I have a Samsung TV. VF39S. Purchased in January 2018. I have a Sky Satelite dish and subscribe to Sky. I also have a BT contract, which includes WiFI connection, BT TV coverage and a BT landline. Today I obtained a 30 day free Amazon contract, and wish to get Amazon TV coverage. Please would you explain how I connect up my TV in order to get this coverage ?
JA: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: I have a Samsung TV. VF39S. Purchased in January 2018. I have a Sky Satelite Dish and subscribe to Sky TV. I also have a BT contract, which includes WIFI connection, BT coverage and a BT landline. Today I obtained a 30 day free Amazon contract, and wish to get Amazon TV coverage. Please would you explain how I should connect up my TV in order to get this coverage ? John Riches.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the TV menu works
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: it hasn’t been an issue before, as I haven’t tried to get Amazon coverage until now
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need someone to run through the process with me.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 21 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

On your TV, go to your list of apps, look through the list for Amazon Prime and select it to install it.

Then open it to begin using it.

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you Richard for your reply. When I go into the apps section, it is headed
Wireless connection, and then lists my BT hub, BT WiFi, BTwifiX, use WPS, and finally : Add Network. There is no mention of Amazon. I am therefore unsure how to proceed from here ? Regards. John.
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Ok, not in the network settings as that is where you are, but in the apps section, where it lists all the apps on the TV. eg: Netflix

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you for your help. I have ordered an Amazon fire stick from Amazon, which I am due to receive this Thursday.
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

You are welcome