Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

I haave a Brother HL1212W printer and it has started to

Customer Question

I haave a Brother HL1212W printer and it has started to print a black line along the side of each sheet. I thought that might be a tonerr problem and so purvchased a new cartridge but the problem still persists.
JA: Does your printer have a self-cleaning feature? (If so, you may have to run this several times to see results.)
Customer: Is it likely to be a printer problem or possibly a drum problem, although the Drum has not passed its life
JA: When did you last replace the ink or toner? Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges (if applicable)?
Customer: I have just replaced the cartridge and the drum is the original. The printer was purchased in Ferbruary 2018
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. I wan to know if the drum is causing the problem or is it the printer
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Josh replied 15 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

Let's try cleaning the drum unit on the printer..

Click here: https://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=hl1212w_us_eu&faqid=faq00002256_018

Follow the steps to clean the drum unit

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have cleaned the drum but It has made o difference
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I do not wish to telephone as it is too expensive
Expert:  Josh replied 15 days ago.

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
As I said the printer was purchased in February 2018
Expert:  Josh replied 15 days ago.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one.

Expert:  Josh replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. Feel free to contact me again if you have any following questions

-------

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know otherwise you can close the question by rating my services as 3-5 stars at the top or bottom of this page (or using the rate this expert option if you are on mobile)