Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

I have recently had a software update to my phone, ever

Customer Question

I have recently had a software update to my phone, ever since whenever I make a call or try to, I keep getting 'smart call app has failed. I cannot disable it, I have pressed force stop but it continues to keep coming up.
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?
Customer: Can you please help?
JA: When did you last update your software?
Customer: It did an automatic update on Saturday. Since then message continues to pop up and I cannot get rid of it.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all thank you.
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have no idea what you mean by OS? The software automatically updated on Saturday. Ever since this problem occurred. Unfortunately, I cannot even copy the software version update to send.
Expert:  Josh replied 16 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

If you go to settings and type Smart Call in the Search Bar it should appear.

From there, clear the cache and storage

Restart your phone and try again

Expert:  Josh replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. Feel free to contact me again if you have any following questions

-------

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know otherwise you can close the question by rating my services as 3-5 stars at the top or bottom of this page (or using the rate this expert option if you are on mobile)

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Josh,Those options did not come up once I had searched in settings for smart call. So problem still continues and I could not answer an urgent call yesterday because is continues to keep popping up.This was never an issue until the Samsung automatic software update that installed on Saturday.Please help, thank you.
Expert:  Josh replied 15 days ago.

Have you tried a factory reset?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No seems extreme. I will speak to my IT contact. Thank you.
Expert:  Josh replied 15 days ago.

You're welcome!