Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

I just switched on my Sharp TV and Panasonic VCR, both of

Customer Question

Good evening. I just switched on my Sharp TV and Panasonic VCR, both of which I have had for years, in order to watch tonight's episode of Star Trek - Next Generation, and I get a message on the screen saying No Signal!. I cannot access any recording or the TV guide on the VCR. I have never had this problem before. Can you help?
JA: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?
Customer: Just the message: No Signal!
JA: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?
Customer: I believe it is connected to the TV.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. That's it. Thank you.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Josh replied 14 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

The issue is that your TV is on the wrong input so you will need to change the input to match the port of your device.

On the side of your TV, you should see an INPUT button that you can press to cycle to each HDMI port and available option. Please press that button to cycle to each one.

If you do not see that button, on the TV remote, you will see a source or input button that you can press instead.

Make sure that you stop on each input to check to see if the signal is working now.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My VCR was set up on EXT2 to display recordings and the TV guide for the next few days, and the connecting cable had somehow become loose. I re-inserted and connection has been restored. Thank you.
Expert:  Josh replied 14 days ago.

You're welcome!

-------

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know otherwise you can close the question by rating my services as 3-5 stars at the top or bottom of this page (or using the rate this expert option if you are on mobile)