Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

On a Samsung curved TVs screen we are starting to get white

Customer Question

On a Samsung curved TVs screen we are starting to get white spots down the side of the screen. Is it reoayy it table?
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?
Customer: No, only a digital audio output
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: no. It’s something that has started to be noticeable the last couple of weeks.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No change I’m afraid. Spots are slowly filling the left hand edge.
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Showing light spots still
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the LCD panel that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.