Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

When I turn my tv in my bedroom (minibox) with a booster in

Customer Question

When I turn my tv in my bedroom (minibox) with a booster in the hall I get the message :you need to up grade to this service) . everyday I have to pull the plug out and reboot the box and then wait for the system to connect to the internet. Please help
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Its a Sharp - dont know model number, but not very old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the menu works, and I do not have any problem on other sources. Its just when the tv comes on the Home, channel ,recordings etc. the above message comes up
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Sharp? What happened right before this?
Customer: for some time - I tried to make contact with yourselves on 24 September with the same issue
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - Nothing has changed in the last 18 months or so since the 2nd tv was set up in the bedroom
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The tv has come on and there is no message. I don;t know why I was connected to Just Answer, and have to pay when Sky should be helping me. I am elderly with hearing impairment and do not wish to enter into any regular monthly payment arrangement. I always contact SKY for help and have been a long standing SKY customer.
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

ok, if the issue returns please let me know.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I want to know if my £5.00 will be refunded and I will not be put on ANY SORT OF MONTHLY PAYMENT
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

I do not see this sorry, for any payment questions please direct this to customer service on***@******.***

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
OK
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.