Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a problem with my email -

Customer Question

Hello. I have a problem with my email -***@******.***. Apple support asks me to contact you to obtain the incoming and outgoing servers please. Also my other outlook email *****@******.*** is not receiving mail this morning. Help please! Thanks
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: internet is fine and other mail, eg Google and yahoo are working. checking on the Apple Mail app on the Macbook and also the browser.
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: don't think so, all happened last night when I tried to send a music mp4 to my grandson and it came up with the message it was too large to go, and I couldn't delete the message or do anything else with it. Then this morning I noticed the music track had downloaded but outbox showed it hadn't sent. I am trying to sort with apple support, and they've asked me to just get the servers info from yourselves , and we'll try again. My outlook one- smith janice68 shows it's online but I have tested and it's not receiving mail at the moment.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: For a start just the incoming and outgoing servers for both those email accounts please? Are you able to help? Thanks..
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

The settings are as follows

Outlook.com servers
Incoming mail server imap-mail.outlook.com
Incoming mail server port 993 (SSL required)
Outgoing (SMTP) mail server smtp-mail.outlook.com
Outgoing (SMTP) mail server port 587 (SSL/TLS required)

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks for info , I will now return to Apple support and we shall try to remedy the problems on my emails. If I need to get back to you do I have to pay another £5! ? or you give me a link to catch you again, re the problem?
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

You are welcome, you can message me here if you have any issues using my information.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks will do !
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

.