Kat
Kat, Customer Service
Experience:  Technical Lead
110517830

My son's iphone 6s is asking for an apple icloud id and

Customer Question

Hi , my son's iphone 6s is asking for an apple icloud id and password, the phone is a few years old now and we have forgotten the id and password, is there any way we can get round this and reset it ?
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: A week ago
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: My son changed his password ***** forgot it and ended up disabling his phone we had it restored in a repair shop but its now asking for the id and password ***** we have forgotten ,without this we can't do anything
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just need to be able to open the phone thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kat replied 17 days ago.

Is your phone still able to login to the phone, and do they know the keypad \ lock code?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No, my son changed his password ***** then forgot it he ended up disabling the phone which we had restored but now it wants an apple icloud id and password ***** we have forgotten
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No thanks I think we have managed to find a way round it , thanks for your help
Expert:  Kat replied 17 days ago.

No problem if he goes to the apple website here he can get his Apple ID sent to him via email then request a password ***** for the Apple ID Password.

Have a good evening.