Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have been struggling with doing a firmware upgrade on my

Hi, I have been struggling with doing a firmware upgrade on my Samsung TV LE40B551A6WXXU which when I search the support site takes me to the LE40B551A6W for upgrades. However having downloaded and created the USB sticks and also getting a USB stick from the support team but the TV will not update. The TV works perfectly except it loses it channels when it is switched off. The resolution is to arrange an engineer to visit, Is there an alternative approach?
JA: How old is your LE40B551A6WXXU?
Customer: It is over 10 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Odd question but the menus work perfectly and all interfaces work fine inlcuding the USB
JA: How long has this been an issue with your LE40B551A6WXXU? What happened right before this?
Customer: Literally one day it lost its channels when it was switched on earlier this year.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all, thanks for trying to help

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No the software upgrade failed with the same message: Scanning for USB.. No file available to upgrade etc.

ok, but this then means it has the latest version.

Is the issue you get no channels at all on the TV?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No I get the channels when I run the Auto Store
But they disappear when the TV is switched off!

Ok,Navigate to Settings and then General. Select Reset. Enter your PIN (0000 is the default) and then select Reset. To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically. If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis, and Reset will be located in that menu.

Then tell me how it functions please

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
TV resets the channels do not save on power off!

yes correct, let it complete please

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It did complete channels were there and they worked but they disappeared when the TV was powered off,

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal memory on the mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
OK totally understand many thanks.

You are welcome

Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer

As per the call you can source a replacement PCB board here for around £45