Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a tcl TV and when it powers on it okay. But when the

I have a tcl TV and when it powers on it okay. But when the hdmi box notifying me what channel I'm on turns on the right hand side of the screen fades into a shadow
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TCL TV?
Customer: Yes
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

It hasn't worked the same problem still happens. When the TV turns on everything is fine then it flickers dim on one side

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This seems to stop if from happening currently

ok, what device is the TV connected to when the issue happens?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
An Xbox one x

ok connect something else to the TV and tell me how it functions with that please

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The same problem happens

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal mainboard or Tcon board that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

You are welcome