Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I am trying to connect my laptop to new samsung tv via wifi.

I am trying to connect my laptop to new samsung tv via wifi. Both items are connected to my router, and the tv shows up on the laptop settings menu, but when I select pc as a source on tv it doesn't happen. Am I missing something?
JA: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?
Customer: No - I want to mirror the laptop video and sound on tv
JA: How is your Internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?
Customer: It's fine. Recently got a brand new router, so had to power off/on
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'd also like to be able to connect laptop via HDMI

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Setting up new tv - tv is connected to wifi router. laptop is connected to router, but tv doesn't connect to pc

ok, but PC as the source needs the computer to be connected via the PC port on the actual TV, where the connections are eg: HDMI

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just powered up. Need to enter laptopdetails in tv settings. Doing that now

Ok

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just tried to connect to laptop, entering IP etc. Now tv says Remote Access cannot connect to the remote PC - which is the one I am using now

You do not use Remote access

PC as the source needs the computer to be connected via the PC port on the actual TV, where the connections are eg: HDMI

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK. I'll try HDMI and get back to you if that fails