Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I need to pair my Sony Bravia television with a new remote

I need to pair my Sony Bravia television with a new remote control for a Virgin Horizon Box. The model no of the Sony TV is KDL_32V2500. I need to know the 'Brand code'?
JA: How old is your Bravia?
Customer: date of manufacture 03/2007
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I haven't used the TV menu for some time. I only use the Virgin Horizon box and remote control. The old Horizon remote control stopped working recently. I've got a new one which works apart from the volume control buttons
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

To get the brand code please use my link below

https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-support/equipment-help/digital-tv/tv-code/

Any issues please let me know

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I've tried tje main brand code you supplied '2679' but it did not work? There are 10 'other' codes listed. Which one should I use?

You need to try each of them sorry.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I've now tried ALL 10 'other' codes but none worked. The original code '2679' was the only one which resulted in TV set being powered down after I pressed and held the 'TV POWER' button but the volume control buttons did not work??

ok, it means it is not fully compatible with the TV and will not work sorry

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Where do I go from here to get the problem resolved? Can you arrange to have the €18 refunded as I haven't got a phone call.

Phone call has been canceled. the remote will not work for this TV sorry

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm still awaiting a phone call???

The phone call has been canceled and requested for a refund as you requested. the remote will not work for this TV sorry

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I got the remote working myself with guidance from another source not Just Answer. Can you now arrange a refund of €18 as I did not get a phone call BACK from a technician.
I DID NOT GIVE A RATING OF 5*! MY RATING WOULD BE 0*

The phone call has been canceled and requested for a refund as you requested, glad you put in the correct code to get the remote to work.