Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

The record facility on my sky tv has stopped working. I am

The record facility on my sky tv has stopped working. I am interested in upgrading to Sky Q
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Sony KDL4 10 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Very slowly
JA: How long has this been an issue with your KDL4? What happened right before this?
Customer: the record function has only just stopped working. we have had problems with the getting the menu up for a year or so.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Definitely feel its time for an all round upgrade

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a Sky box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK. That has worked! Record working but still very slow to get up the programmes. I would really like someone to come out to the house to advise on the whole set up. We have 3 rooms and would like sky to work independently in each. How do we get i-player?

ok, you would need to please call***********to request this.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
all that does is to give a digital response that sends me back to the web site. I want to talk to someone!

We cannot organize engineers to be sent to you from here sorry

You can find other ways to contact Sky here

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/contacting-sky