Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I have made several attempts to recover my Microsoft account

I have made several attempts to recover my Microsoft account***@******.*** without success. I know all the personal details and sent emails are correct however I can’t be sure of the security questions or passwords. The account was set up over 20 years ago. Can you offer any advice on how I can proceed, this is an important account for me. Thanks Kieran Devine
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: It’s outlook
JA: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Normally through my IPad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Ive just submitted a recovery form, not sure what else I can do
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

You can reset your Hotmail password ***** using their password ***** option.

Click here: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

Enter your email address and follow the form to reset your password ***** use the new password ***** sign in

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
The email needed to receive the security code is no longer in use

Unfortunately, there isn't a way around the recovery options. It is up to the user to make sure that your recovery options are up to date.

If you are unable to use those options, then you will need to open a new account.

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.