Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I ordered a q80r soundbar from amazon, the vendor failed to

Hi, I ordered a q80r soundbar from amazon, the vendor failed to tell me it was an EU product with eu plug, I told him I wasnt happy with this and he has agreed to supply u
JA: What Amazon model do you have?
Customer: Samsung 3 pin power leads for the bar and sub, can you tell me if the power cables are all standard fthanks
JA: What have you tried so far with your Amazon system?
Customer: Q80r
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont have it yet but I am thinking of asking for a refund

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Yes, as long as they fit the plug they will work as it is a direct AC cable.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sorry, what do you mean by fit the plug

The plug would need to fit the soundbar to work.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I was under the impression the 3 pin plug to the socket is moulded , what I need to know are the power cables are all standard or do I need special cables for the particular model of soundbar, thanks

You will need a cable that fits the plug on the soundbar, this is the only requirement but it will be easier and cheaper to get this adapter

https://www.amazon.co.uk/auna-adapter-European-Adapter-Adaptor/dp/B0039K5XNC

and use this for the power plug side of the cable

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What I mean is he has agreed to supply me with samsung uk 3 pin power cables so I dont have to use the eu power cable at all, I'm just asking if all uk samsung power cables are universal and compatible with all soundbars TVs etc sorry for the confusion

No they are not.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Which ones do I need?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
There isn't even a 3 pin plug on that picture. He has agreed to send me uk 3 pin power cables made by samsung, plug one end the other end fits to the bar and sub are they all standard. Thanks

No.. they are not all standard, as mentioned if the plug fits the soundbar it will work but they are not all standard

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can I obtain them for the q90r? How much? Thanks

Not in the UK which is why I said to get this adapter