Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I have recently exchanged an old (10yrs) Panasonic TV for

I have recently exchanged an old (10yrs) Panasonic TV for your OLED48 TV but wish to continue using the old matching Panasonic DVD Blue Ray Recorder which has SCART sockets. Will a simple SCART to HDMI connector do the trick or should it be an appropriate adaptor?
JA: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: It is called Blu-ray Disc Recorder DMR-B5750EBK
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Serial No VW9FA002004and it is 10 years old
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?
Customer: I was having problems with pixelation when recording more with ITV than with BBC. I had the recorder checked out by a local Retail TV retailer and he found no fault with it. We needed a larger and clearer TV because my wife has eye problems
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. It sounds like you have recently replaced your Television, however, still wish to retain your Panasonic DVD Player which uses the old fashion SCART lead to transmitting audio/video signal. I have done some technical analysis and have come up with a few options. Please review the information I have provided below, ensure your review all the steps before choosing the most suited!

1. Review if the Panasonic DVD Player has an HDMI Port, if there is an HDMI Port present you should replace the old scartcable with an HDMI Cable. The cable can be purchased online via Amazon or a local retailer/supermarket store.
  2. If the Panasonic DVD Player does not have a HDMI Port, review your television if it has a port where you can connect the scartcable, most televisions these days have a port and if so, you will need to connect the cable to the TV and simply change the source on the television to AV.
  3. If your television does not have a scart port you can purchase a Scart to HDMI Converter which you can purchase by clicking here.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

I have noticed you have provided negative feedback for the response I have provided today, is there anything else I can do to make your experience more positive?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your help.,
my delay in responding was because I was called away. The new TV does not have a SCART port so I will be looking for the converter by exploring the link you provided. Thanks again.

Im pleased to hear you are another Happy Customer with a Fixed Problem. If you need further assistance in the future you can reach out to me via JustAnswer. Best of luck!