Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I have a Pro Surface 3, and the screen is working, but the

Customer Question

I have a Pro Surface 3, and the screen is working, but the keyboard is not connecting?!
JA: Who makes your router?
Customer: BT
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Virtually everything I can find online to help. Including cleaning the contacts, rebooting etc
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Please can you confirm the type of Keyboard you are using with your Surface device?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

It sounds like you are encountering trouble using your Keyboard with the Microsoft Pro Surface 3, this could be down to a number of reasons, however, its common that this can be resolved by simply applying a powercycle. I have composed instructions in a step by step format below, please refer to those to proceed.

1. Initially, remove the detachable keyboard.
  2. Next power off the surface by refer to the start menu of your device and choose the shutdown options.
  3. Once the device has been shut down, ensure you don't attach the keyboard.
  4. Now proceed to power on the device again and once the device has been switched attach the keyboard.
  5. Please proceed to verify if the Keyboard is now in working order.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew