Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I can't get 4G on my Samsung galaxy 9 + why, What do you

Customer Question

I can't get 4G on my Samsung galaxy 9 + why
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Galaxy?
Customer: What do you mean when you say Operating System
JA: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Started last night have tried turning the phone off then on on numerous occasions nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 10 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. It sounds like your Samsung device is encountering problems and is unable to receive a 4G Signal, this could down to two reasons, one that the device does not have a strong enough 4G Signal in your area or the settings have been misconfigured on your device which is preventing the handset to connect to your 4G Waveband. I have composed instructions in a step by step format which will assist you to check the settings that have been set on your handset, ensure you review each step before proceeding.

1. Initially, locate the Settings icon on your home screen and tap on it to open it.
  2. Tap on and select the connection option.
  3. Scroll to Mobile Network.
  4. Then select the Network Mode.
  5. Now choose the most suitable options from the list referencing the 4G Connection.

I hope the information provided today helps to restore your Network Connection and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I did what you suggested but all I got was LTE/3G/2G what can I do now please
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I can't afford £16 at the moment sorry

Who is your Network Provider?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
O2 Sim only the phone is mine after 2yrs contract

Please refer to the o2 website to check the Network Coverage in your area by clicking here.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No luck don't know what to do now please help me thanks
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 9 days ago.

Once the page loads, type in your postcode and check the network coverage for 4G in your area.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Everything except 5G is good indoors and outdoors my mate gets 4G on O2 but I can't why I used to up until last night please help me I'm stumped thanks

Have you attempted to powercycle the device?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do you mean switch off and on if so yes several times if not what do you mean thanks

I would suggest you have a word with O2 on the following number 0344(###) ###-####