Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My printer says that there is an error but there is no

My printer says that there is an error but there is no trapped paper and the ink is full
JA: Did you remove all the tape from the cartridge vent holes? (The tape is usually yellow or some other color.)
Customer: Yes
JA: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?
Customer: New
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't print

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No change still says printing error

Which model printer do you have?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have a Brother DCP-J4110DW

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.