Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My husband has a cannon G2000 series printer. I want to

Customer Question

Hi my husband has a cannon G2000 series printer. I want to print using it from my laptop. I have it loaded on my lap top. I thought I could just connect it to the laptop using a usb. However the printer is saying offline and not printing. Can you help please - thanks
JA: How are you connecting to your G2000: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: by usb - I've plugged the printer usb cable into my lap top
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: a few weeks ago
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket) as well as your wifi router and power off your computer.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the wifi router then the printer, turn it on and start your computer and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
it is still saying offline and not printing my document. It is however repeatedly printing a random document which is not in the print queue!
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I don't want to pay another 16 can you call me ?
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

Did you restart the computer and try to print?