Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Technician
Experience:  Training and Development at Scientifically Speaking
81238384

I am failing to scan on my PIXMA MG 4250 which is connected

Customer Question

I am failing to scan on my PIXMA MG 4250 which is connected to my Dell laptop. It used to work but has stopped . I had a similar problem with copying but now that seems to work and I can also print documents from my laptop.
JA: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?
Customer: I haven;t seen one. I am not sure.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I am nor sure what the printer driver software is. I was having a problem with printing documents and copying but I seem to have resolved those.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There were problems with Windows - Microsoft said It was not an authentic service and wiped it then it all came back
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Justin Johnson replied 15 days ago.

ATTENTION: Welcome to JustAnswer.com, I am Justin. I will be your technical support today.

I am reading your responses to Pearl, our Artificial Intelligence greeter, and submitting to you either follow up questions or an answer based on the information given. If you could start by giving me your desired resolution that will help us both.

Secure Remote Assistance is a one time extra fee.

Please follow this guide: https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg4250.html?type=setup

Please let me know if you have any trouble.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. If you have any further questions or need further assistance please let me know. My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is there a particular driver that I need to look for in order for the scanner to reactivate?