Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

We bought a Panasonic TV on Christmas Eve 2019. The picture

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: We bought a Panasonic TV on Christmas Eve 2019. The picture has gone but the sound works. I contacted Harvery Norman Limerick, where we bought it but they said it is out of warranty. What can we do?
JA: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: Its 16 months old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Model TX-43GX550B I don't know if the Menu works as we cannot see anything
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?
Customer: It happened 2 days ago. It was perfect up until that
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Just have a completely blank screen - but sound ok
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Just did that - still sound but no picture
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi are you still there
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
hi
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
just did that - powers on but no picture
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

It is the Tcon board responsible for the display that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I bought it in Harvey Norman who said that there was only a 12 month warranty which now has expired. So what can I do?? It's only 16 months old!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Where are you located?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am in North Tipperary, Ireland. Bought the TV in Harvey Norman Limerick, Ireland
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

You can call Leahy Tv repairs on +353 61 381 410 for an offer on the repair please

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok. what then? Do I have to pay for repairs my self. Surely a TV 16 months old should not be costing me to repair?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No one answering at this number
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Try in 20 minutes please

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok but will I get to speak to you again If I have no success with them or will I have to explain all of this to someone else?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

No, message me here please

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Still trying that number but still no reply
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

ok please then try Michael Keyes on +353 61 414 320

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok spoke to that man - he said it could be a number of issues - I have to bring it in to him later and he will have a look. €30 to assess it and then estimate for repairs
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

ok thanks