Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I lost my phone, and locked it through Samsung find my

Customer Question

Hi I lost my phone, and locked it through Samsung find my phone. I have found my phone and got it back but it won't let me unlock it, on the website?
JA: When were you last able to use your Samsung phone?
Customer: On Tuesday
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Phone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: I haven't, I can't even get into the phone
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Go to this link

http://android.com/devicemanager

And try to unlock it there please

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I ok tried where do I unlock it on that link?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Check on the left menu if it offers you to unlock it

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The menu is blank?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

ok, it does not see the phone then

What is the model of the phone?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
SamsungA21
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

The ONLY way to remove the lock is to reset the device , which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data.

I am sorry but you will need to reset the device, this will remove the data but you cannot avoid this sorry.

To do this

1. Make sure the battery of SAMSUNG GALAXY A21 charge properly or battery have more then 50% capacity
  2. Turn off SAMSUNG GALAXY A21
  3. Press and hold together : Power Button + Volume Up until Logo appear, then release all button
  4. Please wait until we see the menu at LCD screen, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset with Volume Button to select and use Power Button to ok or enter.
  5. The SAMSUNG GALAXY A21 will do the process of restoring to factory default without any password ***** passcode (hard reset).

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Its saying I can't turn if the phone because it is locked by find my mobile?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
off
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

To do this

2. Turn off SAMSUNG GALAXY A21

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can't even turn the phone off.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

use volume down and power to power it off please

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Its just saying can't turn off the phone has been locked remotely by Find my mobile, so that isn't working either
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Volume down and power should force it off, hold it for up to 60 seconds please

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thats worked, thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

You are welcome

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I've tried the above, no joy, so logo comes up then it goes straight back to locked screen?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

It will work but it is tricky to do but please try to perform it again

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I've tried 3 times there is no LCD screen coming up?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Are you sure it is powered off?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
definitely
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Watch this film please which shows the steps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNd07oV26o

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Still not working? I need to go to work now too. So will have to try later. Thank you for your help
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

ok thanks