Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Technician
Experience:  Training and Development at Scientifically Speaking
81238384

My canon MG5550 is not printing at all. On the home screen

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My canon MG5550 is not printing at all. On the home screen on the printer it shows the print preview which is fine but when you press print you get a blank sheet of paper. Help
JA: Does your printer have a self-cleaning feature? (If so, you may have to run this several times to see results.)
Customer: Pearl
JA: When did you last replace the ink or toner? Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges (if applicable)?
Customer: Have tried that several times and have checked ink and heads. Run all maintenance progs.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Just bizarre that preview fine but no printing
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Justin Johnson replied 17 days ago.

ATTENTION: Welcome to JustAnswer.com, I am Justin. I will be your technical support today.

I am reading your responses to Pearl, our Artificial Intelligence greeter, and submitting to you either follow up questions or an answer based on the information given. If you could start by giving me your desired resolution that will help us both.

Secure Remote Assistance is a one time extra fee.

Please follow this guide: https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MG5500%20series/EN/UG/UG_Myprinter_Trouble2.html

Please let me know if you have any trouble.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. If you have any further questions or need further assistance please let me know. My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Have you SERIOUSLY just charged me £5 to refer me to the MANUAL WHICH I HAVE ALREADY DONE??

That is called a starting point. The reality is that if you have already tried this and the printer is still not printing then your print heads are damaged. For canon printers getting a new print head isn't a simple process as they are not readily available. That would mean you would need to take your printer in for service.