Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Last evening a message came up from Sony asking whether I

Customer Question

last evening a message came up from Sony asking whether I should like to 'enable smart TV'. I agreed but I cannot get rid of the message from the screen and therefore cannot watch TV. What next?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: S82420208 bought December 2019
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Can't get it off BBC1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: got the message about 'smart TV' yesterday evening, while I was watching BBC1
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I just want it fixed
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to Justanswer.com, an independent paid question and answer platform that is home to the best experts in the world! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

I understand how frustrating your issue can be but I will try to work as fast as possible to a resolution to your issue. With that being said, please view the steps below to fix your issue. If the initial steps do not fix your issue, please reply back and I will continue to assist you.

---------------------------

Unplug the power cord to your TV

Wait 10 minutes

Plug it back in and power on

Wait 5 minutes

Check to see if your issue continues and let me know the results. If the issue continues, please let me know how old the TV is.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you Josh. Your advice seems to have cured the problem
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

You're welcome!

----

Thank you for using JustAnswer. It was a pleasure assisting you today and I hope that you had an amazing experience! Again, my name is ***** ***** hope that we speak again in the future.