Sheri Treppeda
Sheri Treppeda,
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

I have a clp680dw which has stopped working because of out

I have a clp680dw which has stopped working because of out of paper message. But there is plenty of paper in the draw. I have tried turning the printer on and off still has not cleared.
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Samsung CLP680Dw Samsung CLP680 DW
JA: How long has this been going on with your CLP680DW?
Customer: Just now
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Today
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for using JustAnswer, an independent question and answer portal. My name is Sheri. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I know it can be frustrating. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you quickly.

*Please note: You may see offers for Premium Services pop up. These offers are automatically generated by the system, not by me. They are optional and do carry an additional charge. We can always continue to work on your solution through messaging.

Your Solution:

Try powering on the printer and as soon as you hear the carriage move, lift the lid. Then pull out the power plug. Then close the lid, plug in and power back on.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
As in my message I have already tried this

This is not the same. This is a reset procedure. Please follow the steps exactly.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
there is no lid on printer

Ok, skip that step for this model. Instead, power it on, then remove the power cord (do not press the power button). Leave it off for 20 minutes. Then power on and test.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
still out of paper

Try removing the paper tray and see if there is any paper or debris jammed in the feed or blocking it. Then, with the tray pulled out, Power on the printer. Then, push the drawer back in.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
the menu stated it was printing then it change to out of paper. It then printed two pages of 'menu map'

Ok now power it off and back on again and try printing. Also, what are you printing from?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
office 365 word and outlook. still saying out of paper after saying its printing

You can try reinstalling the printer driver from this website:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-clp-680-color-laser-printer-series/16462332/model/16462334

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you. I will have to go now as I need to go to my daughters to eat

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I fixed the problem myself

Ok. Just reply if you have any further questions. Otherwise, please ignore the automated offers and messages and don't reply. Then your question will close automatically.