Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have just bought a series 5 32" tv. Can I use a portable

I have just bought a series 5 32" tv. Can I use a portable HD to save or to pause broadcast content like I did with my old Samsung TV
JA: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: 5300. Brand new
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes. that works. But no facility for pausing that I can see
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: Never got it to work. The question is, should there be a facility to do this?
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

With this model you will not be able to sorry, you need to connect a digital recorder such as this Humax

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HUMAX-Aura-Freeview-Assistant-Chromecast/dp/B08LFGYT1F/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&qid=1620040321&refinements=p_89%3AHUMAX&s=home-theater&sr=1-2

Which will allow you to pause and record

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK. Thanks

You are welcome

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That's all thanks

ok, all the best