Sheri
Sheri, Technical Support Expert Consultant
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

I need the autentification password for BIOS, of my HP

Hi there I'm Nicolae and I need the autentification password ***** BIOS, of my HP laptop.
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?
Customer: I can't see it anymore because the label it's deleted and scratches, but I know how to find it if you give me a few minutes and I come back with the information you need.
JA: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It's on auto update
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: well no but now I found my model and product number and serial number so which one you need it just tell me

Thank you for using JustAnswer, an independent question and answer portal. My name is Sheri. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I know it can be frustrating. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you quickly.

*Please note: You may see offers for Premium Services pop up. These offers are automatically generated by the system, not by me. They are optional and do carry an additional charge. We can always continue to work on your solution through messaging.

Your Solution:

The bios password ***** not be on a label. Unfortunately, if even possible, the internal CMOS battery would need to be removed to reset the bios password.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Sheri I tried all the ways possible to reset it and I tell you what I did so you can tell me what I didn't.
1) I did take of the battery and I waited for about 5 minutes and I have put it back and nothing happen or changed.
2) I have put the 3 times wrong password ***** this is what appeared 84180992
3) I have spoken with HP Support Community and their replay was No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including password, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc....., or to bypass any safety measures. So the question I asked the it was closed because they can't do as you can see based on their replay.
Now what should I do because it's a must for me to access that BIOS password ***** enable the virtualization because it's disabled.

The battery is the internal battery inside the laptop. Is that the one you removed? It is not the battery that gets charged to run the laptop.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Well are there 2 batteries? because I did removed the one is keeping the laptop on running

It is an internal battery that controls the Bio, the realtime clock. It is the CMOS battery. It would require dismantling of the laptop by a technician. There is no guarantee that it would reset it, but it does in some computers.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But I need a guarantee because I'm not here to play the gamble with my money paying this website and a technician just to find out I'm steel from where I was but with the money lost and time waisted. So what's a better solution?

Unfortunately, There is no other solution. That is the purpose of the security, so it cannot be easily circumvented. Why is it locked?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can you put yourself in my situation? What would you do?

I would remove the internal battery and see if that works. Otherwise, the laptop is not usable unless you get a whole new motherboard.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
If it is locked you should have a key for the locker to open it and unlock code or something right so where that can be or who should I contact to find it.

No, that is not correct. Also, why is it locked?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
to protect something but at the same time it should have un unlock code if it's something important to access right?

Bot***** *****ne. I know you don't like the answer, but there is no unlock code. You either know the code, have a tech pull the battery out and see if that clears it, or get a new motherboard/ laptop. I am sorry, but that is the reality. I wish there was a magic code that could be provided. You can read all kinds of things online about unlock codes, etc., but they are not true.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I understand you completely but I'm just so lost who in his right mind will do something that can't be accessed again after you create the locker and not having or keeping the unlock code or whatever the locker is?

This is standard for computer bios. Most people don't even know the bios exists and they certainly don't set a password ***** it. In other cases, they are used to prevent theft or activated to lock out thieves. Just reply if you have any further questions. Otherwise, please ignore the automated offers and messages and don't reply. Then your question will close automatically.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have nothing else to ask you thanks for your answers and I am going to rate you and you can relax because you did your best and you did with all the knowledge you know and is right.

You are very welcome. it is my pleasure to assist you.

Regards,

Sheri