Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a siemens gigaset c475 phone but cannot dial out as

I have a siemens gigaset c475 phone but cannot dial out as there is a loud buzzing noise after pressing the talk key.
JA: How old is your Siemens appliance?
Customer: 2005
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Two days, don't know what to try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Incoming callers say phone is always engaged

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your service. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the modem the phone connects to for a signal (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the modem, turn it on and tell me please if the phone is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No change

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.

Please let me know the results

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK