Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Canon Pixma MG2950 which no longer accepts google

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma MG2950 which no longer accepts google information for printing. Does this mean it needs and updating or is there a different printer support site. As I am totally deaf can you reply on line thank you
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: My computer is Chrome 'Acer' 14 C83-431
JA: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?
Customer: About a week or ten days
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Niether have been updated. The computer is only about two years old and the printer is four or five years old
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you that is all I can provide
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket) as well as your wifi router and power off your computer.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the wifi router then the printer, turn it on and start your computer and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Everything is now back on the Printer copies items alright but it is the transfer of items from google to the printer that no longer works
Expert:  Richard replied 21 days ago.

What happens when you try to do this?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Richard, because of all the problems connected with trying to deal with this issue as a result of my handicap I think I will have to try and find someone locally to help me. I am sorry about this. Perhaps the £5 could be refunded? Tony Rule.
Expert:  Richard replied 21 days ago.

I do not see this sorry, for any payment questions please direct this to customer service on***@******.***