Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My original tablet won’t switch on or off and has frozen. It

Customer Question

My original tablet won’t switch on or off and has frozen. It has all my data and passwords etc. I am trying to use my new tablet and haven’t accessed my emails. The old tablet used safari whereas this new one uses google. My old email which I love is***@******.*** and my new one is***@******.*** I had a stroke in 2012 and although computer literate, I cannot write with my right hand or speak on the phone.
JA: Have you done a hard reset on your device by holding down the power button until it vibrates or beeps?
Customer: I’ll try that thanks
JA: Has there been any recent damage to your device (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?
Customer: no change think I should just forget about it. How do I access emails on this new one?
JA: The Android Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thank you sohhh much.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your tablet. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the tablet and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the tablet.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Absolutely no change. I didn’t drop it so that’s not the problem. Think I broke/froze it while playing scrabble! Now I just ignore it and am trying to work with the new one.
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

What is showing on the screen?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The screen is scrabble frozen
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

hold volume down and power until the screen goes off, usually within 60 seconds