Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My husband has recently passed away. I need to access his

Customer Question

Hi my husband has recently passed away. I need to access his Huawei P smart but don’t know his 4 Digit pin. The number on his death certificate is 180755 and his mobile number is *****
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: Huawei P smart mobile phone
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: My husband last used it on 17th May
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: A factory reset will delete the information I need as I don’t have a back up of his phone.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No please connect me.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

The ONLY way to remove the lock is to reset the device , which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data.

I am sorry but you will need to reset the device, this will remove the data but you cannot avoid this sorry.

To do this

On your computer go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xALXs4VL9g

And follow the steps there

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can you please give me the first few instructions to do this. I have an iPhone so this is not easy.
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

To do this

And follow the steps there

Let me know how you go please