Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My Leica camera is a Leica D - Lux. I have charged the

Customer Question

My Leica camera is a Leica D - Lux. I have charged the battery and the battery charger shows that the battery is charged but the camera says that there is no battery. What can the issue be?
JA: Who makes your camera?
Customer: The camera is a Leic a camer. Is that your question?
JA: What have you tried so far with your camera?
Customer: I have tried to replace the battery into the camera a few times, checking it is in the right way but I always get the same message. It was working fine yesterday but I did need to recharge the battery which I did overnight. But although the battery charger shows that the battery is charged (ie it has a green light) the camera does not respond.
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. That's it.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 20 days ago.

Hi there, I am Pete and I'll be happy to assist you today.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you. What do you suggest might be wrong with the camera, or battery?
Expert:  Pete replied 20 days ago.

The battery may no longer be able to store sufficient charge. Have you tried using a different battery?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
You can type your answer. No. I do not have any other battery. However, would the battery charger show that the battery was charged if it could not hold a charge. I have tried recharging but always the green light comes on.
Expert:  Pete replied 20 days ago.

You can ignore any phone call offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically.

Expert:  Pete replied 20 days ago.

Yes, the battery charger can think that the battery is full when the battery is unable to store a full charge. This is common on older batteries.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
OK. Thank you
Expert:  Pete replied 20 days ago.

You are most welcome :)