Sheri
Sheri, Technical Support Expert Consultant
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

Wireless connection to my BrotherDCP _ J562DW printer is not

Customer Question

wireless connection to my BrotherDCP _ J562DW printer is not working. Can you please suggest a remedy?
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wireless.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: dont think I have.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Sheri replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, an independent question and answer portal. My name is Sheri. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your Brother printer. I know it can be frustrating. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you quickly.

*Please note: You may see offers for Premium Services pop up. These offers are automatically generated by the system, not by me. They are optional and do carry an additional charge. We can always continue to work on your solution through messaging.

Your Solution:

• First go into Control panel and uninstall anything related to the Brother printer or any other old printers you may have had.
  • Next, go into devices and printers and uninstall all printers that are not being used, including the Brother printer.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Once restarted, do the following:

Please click the below link. Once on the Brother website, select your correct operating system and click on the Full Driver & Software Package (Recommended) to download it.

Link: https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=dcpj562dw_eu_as&os=10013

Note: You may need to use a USB cable during the installation.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience