Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I am setting up an Apple TV and it's asking for an id or

Customer Question

I am setting up an Apple TV and it's asking for an id or password ***** I have none.
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: This is a brand new box and I am new to Apple.
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: I have received this box through EE.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve it via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password

Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else let me know the results please.