Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a canon printerMG5750. I am having issues with the

I have a canon printerMG5750. I am having issues with the print heads. Lines of print appear with the middle missing or the whole line missing. Running a print head deep clean resolves the issue temporarily but it comes back pretty quickly.
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: As I said Canon MG5750
JA: How long has this been going on with your MG5750?
Customer: Forr several months
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: The computer is an iMac and it is maintained up to date. A further update has been advised this morning and is due for installation tonight.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket) as well as your wifi router and power off your computer.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the wifi router then the printer, turn it on and start your computer and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
This has made no difference. Still same print issues.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
no thanks. Can you answer the question or not? It seems to me that if there is a print head problem all the switching off and on you suggested was highly unlikely to work.

I cannot answer it till you complete all the instructions I gave you, please do the last instructions I sent you

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
OK didn't see the additional suggestions above. Will try that

thanks

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I don't have time just now to do all of this but will try it later. Thanks.

Ok, thanks

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have tried cleaning the areas where the ink goes in and wiped around the area. On this machine it's not very obvious. It doesn't seem to be making any difference. The same problem persists

Try different ink cartridges please and tell me if it works with that.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Some of the ink cartridges have been changed since the problem first showed. Perhaps I need a new printer

I would first rule out any of the cartridges being faulty first please