Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My email address was hacked and I can’t get into it now but

My email address was hacked and I can’t get into it now but there are emails which I need to get back
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: no just my phone - I can’t remember the original password ***** can’t even reset it
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: it was my old phone number and I can’t remember it either
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
On the page you sign into your email account with, choose the option on the sign in page to reset the password.
Once done, use the new password ***** sign in.
Let me know how you go please.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It wont let me do this as i cant remember my last password

which email service is this for

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hotmail

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in. With it being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but there is no way back in. When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address.

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year they have completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I cant remember any questions in the security bit as i have had this for about twenty years

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thanks for your help anyway

You are welcome