Sheri
Sheri, Technical Support Expert Consultant
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

I HAVE REPLACED BY BLACK INK CARTRIDGE WITH AN EPSON

Customer Question

i HAVE REPLACED BY BLACK INK CARTRIDGE WITH AN EPSON CARTRIDGE BUT THE PRINTER KEEPS SAYING IT DOES NOT RECOGNISE IT CAN YOU HELP ME
JA: What's the model of your printer?
Customer: hp900
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: yES I AM
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nO
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Sheri replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, an independent question and answer portal. My name is***** am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your Printer. I know it can be frustrating. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you quickly.

*Please note: You may see offers for Premium Services pop up. These offers are automatically generated by the system, not by me. They are optional and do carry an additional charge. We can always continue to work on your solution through messaging.

Your Solution:

First, please open the lid and check for any jams or debris and remove all the cartridges. Then power the printer off by removing the power cord from the back of the printer, NOT by pressing the power button. Leave it off for 20 minutes. Then, plug it back in and power it on. Wait for it to stop initializing and moving the carriage. Once it stops and is quiet, install the ink cartridges one at a time and then test.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have done what you said and it says cannot recognise the following ink cartridge try installing them again
Expert:  Sheri replied 13 days ago.

Please make sure all the packing tape and film is removed from the new cartridge. Also make sure you are using a brand new Epson brand cartridge.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert:  Sheri replied 13 days ago.

I see you requested a phone call. Your request is open to all available technicians. Once they accept it, they will message you to connect.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Xp900
Expert:  Sheri replied 13 days ago.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
sTILL NOTHING SAME MESSAGE
Expert:  Sheri replied 13 days ago.

It sounds like the replacement cartridge may be defective. Please exchange it and try with another new one.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for trying I think you might be right
Expert:  Sheri replied 13 days ago.

You are very welcome.

Regards,

Sheri